Giving Back – To the Industry, Community, and through Charity Work
- Board of Directors, membership chairman, Social Media Club of Kansas City.
- Appointed to two-terms on the Board of Directors of The American Advertising Federation (AAF), in Washington, DC.
- Active Member of AAF-KC Advertising Club.
- Elected president of Dallas AD2.
- Elected president of The Dallas Advertising League (DAL).
- Member, the Downtown Council (DTC) of Kansas City.
- Elected to two-terms as president of the River Market Business Association in Kansas City. During terms active leadership in Riverfront Development of Berkley Park and dedication of Berkley bridge and in second term, oversight of the three-million dollar Second Street re-development.
- Board Member, Downtown Marketing Group, Kansas City.
- Founding member, River Market Community Foundation, oversight on: River Market Tax Increment Financing (TIF) and Community Improvement District (CID).
- River Market TIF Co-Chair: recruited financing, developed plan for successful submission resulting in establishment of Kansas City’s second area-wide TIF, leading to renewed revitalization and redevelopment efforts in River Market.
- River Market CID Board member.
- Appointed to the Greater Downtown, Northtown Transportation Planning Board in Kansas City studying transportation alternatives and initial light rail starter line.
- Board of directors, Dr. Kenneth Salyer’s International Cranial-Facial Foundation.
- Founding member of the The 100 of Dallas, a 501c3 charity that raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to support at-risk children’s support groups.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association, MDAA.
Certifications and Awards
- Certified Trainer, FOCUS Time Management Workshop by Franklin Covey Co.
- Certified Trainer, Decision Analysis’ Problem Solution Workshop.
- Certified Executive Business and Personal Performance Coach (CEBC).
Certification by: Eagle’s View, Coach Lab International, Kingswood, Texas.
Certification by: Johnston Consulting, Phoenix, Arizona.
- National Medal of Merit for Service to The American Advertising Federation, Washington, DC.
- Numerous AAF ADDY and DAL TOPS Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards.
- Public Relations Society of America, PRSA PRISM, Award.
- Kansas City Economic Development Council, EDC Cornerstone Award Winner for Top Real Estate Development for CLUB 427, a Four-Star, Zagat-rated Jazz Dinner Club located in KC’s River Market.
- Four-Time Grand Champion of Kansas City Chili Cook-Off.
- American Royal Award Winner for Barbecue: Winslow’s City Market Barbecue.